Shep Smith is out of Fox News. Today was his last day broadcasting his show. He did, of course, take one last shot at President Trump but he will no longer have the platform at Fox to continue doing so.
“This is my last newscast here,” Smith said today on his show. He also added that he went to Fox News and said he wanted to start a new chapter. He was probably forced out – remember AG Barr just met with Rupert Murdoch.
“After requesting that I stay, they graciously obliged,” Shep Smith said.
Smith also didn’t miss the opportunity to take his last shot at President Trump: “Even in our current polarized nation, it is my hope that the facts will win the day, that the truth will always matter, that journalism and journalists will thrive.”
CNBC reported that Fox News chief news anchor Shepard Smith is leaving the conservative cable network after 23 years, announced on Friday.
Smith’s appearance Friday on “Shepard Smith Reporting” was his last appearance on the network, according to Fox News.
His departure follows a report that he was warned last month by Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and network president Jay Wallace not to criticize the network’s evening anchor, Tucker Carlson, again.
Smith recently attacked Carson and said on the air that it was “repugnant” for Carlson not speaking up in defense of Fox News contributor Andrew Napolitano after a Carslo guest called Napolitano a “fool” for saying that President Trump had broken the law.
“Recently I asked the company to allow me to leave Fox News and begin a new chapter,” Smith said in a prepared statement.
“After requesting that I stay, they graciously obliged. The opportunities afforded this guy from small town Mississippi have been many,” Smith said.
“It’s been an honor and a privilege to report the news each day to our loyal audience in context and with perspective, without fear or favor. I’ve worked with the most talented, dedicated and focused professionals I know and I’m proud to have anchored their work each day — I will deeply miss them.” He added.